Introducing updated Baby Massage Courses with Jude, fully qualified with the International Association of Infant Massage. This wonderful course has proved to be an absolute hit with many mums and babies – please see our Facebook page for reviews from previous attendees.
Introducing by popular demand 6 week Courses
(previously run for 5 weeks, but mums asked for more!)
Course Dates 2018:-
- August No baby Classes due to Holidays!
- Friday 7th September 11am
- Tuesday 18th September 11am
- Tuesday 6th November 1.15pm
- Friday 9th November 1.15pm (ends Friday 14th December)
- January 2019 dates to follow
- Please ask for any special requirements, dates, private 1 to 1 Courses or other needs. I will always be as accommodating as possible.
– Contact Jude for further information and to reserve a place. See Booking Form below.
Review: “Just finished Baby Massage Course and it was AMAZING! I can’t thank Jude enough as a first time mum it’s benefited us in so many ways. It’s a good opportunity for skin to skin contact and bonding, it’s helped me establish a lovely bedtime routine that we both enjoy, it helped me relieve his symptoms of colic and I got to meet some lovely mums and babies and share our experiences over a cup of tea at the end. Highly recommend”!
Please see Face Book page : https://www.facebook.com/EscapeHolisticTherapies/ for more reviews, comments and information – thank you.
What is Baby Massage?
The Baby Massage Course is designed to teach parents a wonderful experience to share with their baby through massage. The course will help to provide a special time to communicate with your baby so they feel loved, valued and respected.
You will learn to incorporate both Indian and Swedish massage traditions, as well as principles from both Yoga and Reflexology into your Baby Massage Routine.
Massaging your baby provides a wonderful opportunity to express your love whilst meeting the need for touch and affection that is so essential for the healthy development of babies.
The Benefits of Baby Massage
Discover the numerous benefits of Baby Massage, which can include:
- Helping your baby to feel securely attached
- Helping your baby to feel more loved, valued and respected
- Reduce crying and emotional stress
- Increase levels of relaxation and longer sleep
- Development of body awareness and coordination
- Relief from wind, colic, constipation and teething discomfort
- Feeling closer to your baby
- Gaining a deeper understanding of your baby’s behaviour, crying and body language
- Providing a wonderful opportunity to spend one to one time with your baby
- Feeling the relaxing effects of giving your baby a massage
- Increased confidence in your ability to nurture and care for your baby
- Learning a life-long parenting skill
How is the Baby Massage Course run?
- The course is suitable for babies from newborn to pre-crawling.
- The course runs over 6 weeks for an hour a session, with an additional time for tea/coffee and chat afterwards to ensure a relaxed atmosphere
- The sessions are baby-led. Do not worry if baby cries or needs feeding or falls asleep or changing
- You can use the spare demo doll to practise if your baby is asleep or not in the mood
- Each week we will review the previous weeks moves and learn a new part of the body to massage
- The massage is sequence based and includes legs, feet, stomach, chest, arms, hands, face and back
- You will also learn a Colic Routine and some simple Yoga moves to help with coordination
- It is a great opportunity to meet other parents and discuss topics and worries alike
- The 6 weeks course is £65, which includes oils, booklets, certificates, laminated Massage guide and tea/coffee biscuits
What do I need to bring with me?
I will provide
Information booklet with the movements for you to keep and practise from at home
Copies of articles on relevant subjects we may be discussing
A bottle of organic Sunflower Oil for you to keep
Comfortable baby yoga mats for you to massage your baby on
Tea and biscuits at the end
What to bring with you
A small towel to go over the baby yoga mat
A baby blanket to keep baby warm
Usual baby items, changing bag, milk, nappies etc
Please make sure you hit the **SUBMIT**Button to ensure your Booking Form is sent to me! – Thank you
Baby/Infant Massage is a gentle, relaxing, bonding activity. Never rush or force anything. Do not practice if you feel stressed or tense. Always ensure that you feel safe, secure and confident in what you are doing. Never do anything that you and your baby or child are not comfortable with. Massage is not a substitute for medical attention. If your baby is crying excessively and cannot be comforted, he/she may be ill. If your baby is limp, pale, has a temperature, or any difficulties breathing. Please seek appropriate medical help if you have any concerns about your child.
By signing up for this Baby/Infant Massage Course you are agreeing to the following:
- You have read the general advice above and will follow it.
- You take full responsibility for yourself and your child, and for everything that happens to you and your child in relation to the course.
- If you have any doubts you will seek the advice of a medical professional before proceeding with classes.
- You will disclose any information regarding your own and your child’s health relevant to the class.
- You will keep the course tutor informed of any health issues that arise during the course, for both you and your child.
- You will not attend any class if you or your child are ill or there are any signs of sickness in the family.
- Payment must be made at the time of booking.
- Places are subject to availability. In the unlikely event that we cannot find a suitable place we will refund the course fee in full.
- Refunds are not given once the course has started. Credits for future bookings may be given at our discretion.
- Cancellation by you must be made more than one week before the course starts or we will be unable to refund your money.
- Cancellation by us is unlikely but will entitle you to a full refund for any outstanding classes.
- We cannot provide refunds for missed classes.
- Safety is always our first concern but we will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury that may occur while attending the classes.
- You are responsible for all applications of Baby/Infant Massage outside the classes both now and in the future.
- The materials provided are for use only by people who have successfully completed the relevant course and may not be copied for any reason.
Please contact us for any further information you require regarding our Baby massage Courses.
“We had such a lovely time with Jude on her Baby Massage Course ! Taught at a steady pace with lots of recap where needed and support. My son and I have really bonded during this experience and he’s much more relaxed with being touched as a result! Amazing”.
You may also be interested in:-
The Children’s Reflexology Programme (Course) is a short course of fun workshops where parents, carers and children get together to learn how to use a gentle non-invasive complementary therapy to empower themselves in times of stress and distress throughout childhood and on into adulthood. The courses will run here at Escape Holistic Therapies. It uses a collection of delightful rhymes and pictures of a group of animal friends, engaging children and teaching the simple reflexology. The programme is delivered by Jude a qualified instructor and is supported by high quality materials including the lovely book, The Mouse’s House.